Thursday 18 March 2010

Today's Forecast . .






Another fine morning, so I set off to Gurnard sea front for some photography. It's beginning to sound like I'm obsessed with the weather and there's no harm in admitting that it's probably true. Well, in a sea-related-radio-4 type of way.
Last year, I experimented with some framed textile pieces that incorporated text (no surprise there then). One used 'Crossing the Bar', by Lord Alfred Tennyson (good Island connection), and the second was based on John Masefield's 'Sea Fever', both obviously with a seaside theme. However, it has suddenly dawned on me that the beloved, equally poetic 'Shipping Forecast' would also work well in a framed style. I'll try and get a few done and hopefully take them to Bovey as part of our collection.
(posted by Ali Hughes)

No comments: